We understand that the idea of automatically capturing emails into AffinityLive can raise a lot of privacy and security concerns. Read on to learn about the default behaviour and the tools available.
AffinityLive will also capture internal email conversations where the parent or originating activity is already in AffinityLive. Eg:
- A colleague creates an activity note in AffinityLive which is attentioned to you. You reply to this note from your email program. Your reply will be captured.
- A colleague sends an email from AffinityLive which you are cc'd on. You reply to this email from your email program. Your reply will be captured.
- A client, known to AffinityLive, sends you an email. You reply but attention a colleague instead of the client. This email will be captured. If you forward the email to your colleague though, it will not be captured.
Note that the staff member (colleague) you are emailing must have their email integration enabled.
Private activities & contact relationships
- Note that configuring a private relationship with a contact will only apply going forward. Previous conversations between you and this contact in AffinityLive will not be marked private (and therefore still visible to other staff).
If an email has been captured, or an activity note saved, that you do not wish any users to see, click Mark Private whilst viewing the activity. Note that if the activity is attentioned to other staff too, then they will still be able to access it.
To default all communication between yourself and a contact as "private" you need to find the company the contact is linked to, and from the contacts associated tab, choose the private Relationship alongside that contact:
- Professsional indicates you work closely with this contact, and so wish to be cc'd on any activities related to this contact (such as issues, prospects or jobs the contact is linked to, or when another staff member emails them from AffinityLive).
- Confidential indicates you are happy for other staff to see that an email or phone call was made, but that is all. To get the details of that correspondence they should come and talk to you. Group confidentiality can also be configured at the company level.
- Private indicates all communication that is strictly between yourself and the contact will be completely hidden to all other users.
Privacy & Automatic Email Capture
The Automatic Email Capture functionality provided by AffinityLive is directly tied to the privacy, confidentiality and relationship settings described above. When an email to or from a client is picked up by the AffinityLive automatic email capture system. it is processed through the same defaults and preferences rules defined above.
For more information about how the Automatic Email Capture process handles privacy and sensitive material, please refer to our dedicated Privacy Settings page under the Automatic Email Capture setup area.