To move an activity to another record, you need to use the relocate feature. Find the activity you wish to move, then select view, or click the activity title so you are viewing it in full. Once viewing the activity, from the Activity Operations menu, select Relocate Activity.
If an activity has been locked (for billing) then you will not be able to relocate it.
- Relocating an activity means moving it to a different object. A activity must always live against an object - such as a company, job, prospect and so on. The default place of capture for emails is the company record, so quite often you will want to relocate activities from a company record.
- If you move the 5th activity in a conversation (or thread) of 10 activities, then activities 6-10 will also be moved - since they are nested underneath the one you chose to move.
- Replies will automatically find the new location. Eg, if a client sends you a new email, which you know is about a certain job, you can move it there, and any replies to that email will be captured there.
- If you email someone from your email program, the activity won't be on your todo list, but you can find it against the client record and move it from there.
- Commonly, you will see activities on your To-do list that you wish to move. Click an activity to preview it, and then click Relocate:
- This screen will give you a list of all the possible records belonging to that client which you may relocate the activity to - but you can only move it to 1 record.
- Click Relocate to move the activity to the chosen record.
You cannot change the client which the activity is linked to, but you can associate an activity with another client's issue or project using Contributors. Please read the Contributors topic to learn more.