The desktop integration requires the use of Intuit Sync Manager to connect your QuickBooks application to the "online locker" - which acts as the "middle man" between AffinityLive and QuickBooks Desktop.
1. Ensure you have run the Intuit Sync Manager within your QuickBooks Desktop Application. If this is the first time you have used any Intuit online services then you will need to create an Intuit Account (a simple username and password). Keep a note of these details as they are needed to connect AffinityLive to your Intuit account.
Once you have setup your company file for sync, this sync process should be running regularly so that AffinityLive can access the latest version of your data. For more information about the sync features in QuickBooks, please read their help articles here
2. Once you have synced your data online, open AffinityLive to the "Integrations" screen and click "Connect" under the QuickBooks section.
You will be prompted to sign into your Intuit Account (online account).
3. The QuickBooks integration section in AffinityLive will now be updated.
4. Click Sync Ledgers to update you AffinityLive account ledgers/codes from QuickBooks. You can do this as often as required.
5. Click Import invoices and contacts to bring companies, contacts, invoices and payments from your QuickBooks file into AffinityLive.
The import usually only needs to be run once!
6. Once the import is complete, you may still want/need to create some invoices in QuickBooks and have them pulled into AffinityLive. If so, tick the "Sync invoices created in QuickBooks" option.
Push job as sub-client - tick this option to have invoices from AffinityLive grouped under a "job" for the customer in QuickBooks. A new job is created for each job/project and contract/retainer that you invoice from AffinityLive. Invoices for Issues/Tickets will also be added to a single job for each customer in QuickBooks.
When you create an invoice in AffinityLive it will automatically sync to Intuit Online and update your company file. In order to see this change you will need to use the Intuit Sync manager in your QuickBooks Desktop application - which typically syncs new data every 30 minutes.