Enable Saasu Integration
- You need to be an admin user to link AffinityLive to Saasu.
- Click "Integrations" from the top right corner of AffinityLive.
- Scroll down to the Saasu section and click Connect. You will be asked to manually enter the Web Access Key and the File ID for the Saasu accounting system which you wish to connect to.
You can find these details by logging into Saasu, selecting Settings > Web Services > Generate Access Key
- Copy the key and file ID and paste them into AffinityLive. Save each field.
- Now refresh your Integrations screen to confirm that Saasu is connected.
- Click the "Sync" button to download any income account ledgers from Saasu, so that you can use these when raising an invoice in AffinityLive. Note that Saasu just refers to them as "Accounts". Tax codes are also downloaded.
An Example Invoice
A common method of invoicing in AffinityLive is from a project:
Selecting Process > Invoice will load the job invoicing screen where you can choose to invoice for a percentage of the job, or for the actual amount of work logged. In this example we are going with a 50% project deposit:
- Each project component becomes a line item. The Saasu invoice type/layout will default to "Service" - since this format is most compatible with AffinityLive.
Some invoice screens create a default line item - such as when invoicing for an issue or contract package. You can easily edit this line item and add more as needed.
- Tax Code - Saasu does not force you to use a tax code that is valid for a certain ledger code. Therefore you can select any available tax code for a line item.
- Ledger - you must choose a ledger which was imported from Saasu. If there are no Saasu ledger codes visible, confirm that you have some income ledger codes in Saasu that AffinityLive can import (sync).
- The invoice subject/title equates to the Invoice Summary in Saasu.
- In Saasu, we leave the Invoice number blank so you can provide the invoice number that fits with your numbering method. You can see the AffinityLive invoice number in the summary field.
- The bill-to contact from AffinityLive will become the invoice contact in Saasu. If the contact does not exist (based on firstname, surname and company), it will be created in Saasu.
- Description - this field equates to the Internal Notes field in Saasu.
- Owner/Creator - in Saasu, the invoice will appear to be created by the primary/admin user.
When saved, this invoice will sit in the queue to be pushed to Saasu. Once pushed (usually within 15 minutes), it will appear in the Accounts Receivable section, where you may edit the "sale" (invoice).
Editing an Invoice
An invoice may be edited in either AffinityLive or Saasu. If the invoice is unpaid, we recommend you make the changes in AffinityLive. The changes will be pushed to Saasu and simply overwrite the existing Saasu invoice. If the invoice is paid, it would be best to edit the invoice in Saasu.
If you do edit in Saasu, then AffinityLive will pull back the changes, but may not be able to detect the individual changes in each line item, in which case a "balancing" line item will be added to ensure that the totals of the invoice/payment are consistent between both systems.
Payments must be processed in Saasu. Once an invoice has been pushed to Saasu, the "Receive Payment" button in AffinityLive will instead say "Saasu Linked" - follow this link to view the invoice in Saasu.
Once a payment has been made, we will pull back the payment date, reference field and the amount paid - even partial payments, since Saasu allows you to record a partial payment. Overpayment is not supported, so you should not see any credits being pulled back into AffinityLive.