Note that new deployments now come with this module named Sales. However, it can be reffered as Prospects or Opportunites.
The quickest way to create a new sale (or prospect) is to select Sales from the main navigation, and click New Sale.
Alternatively, you may find the company or contact first, and then from this screen select Add > Sale.
- If you have come from the main navigation, then the Add Sale page will not yet know which contacts to show you in the "Contact" field. Use the Search icon to locate a contact to link this sale to.
- You'll need to give this sale a title, such as "Distribution Lead", "Business Systems Consulting" - just summarise the opportunity.
- Manager - choose the staff member who is responsible for this sale.
- Type - If all you can see is "Default", this indicates that no custom sale types have been created. Each type can be configured with it's own templated fields, statuses (or stages) and business rules.
- Progression - select the status this prospect should move into once it is created.
- Created - If you meant to set this deal up last week, you can adjust the created date!
- Comments - record any brief notes
- Click "Create Sale" to continue. Some additional fields may appear:
- Rating - how important do you think this deal is? It might be low dollar value, but if closing this deal is likely to open up lots of future business, then you would rate it highly.
- Probability - What's your gut feel on closing this deal?
- Value - What's this deal worth in dollars?
- Due - If there is a hard and fast deadline, or an expected close date.
Once you hit save, you will now be looking at the Sale record:
- To edit, click Sale > Edit. Note that some of the fields can be updated inline - such as the Comments via the left-hand section, and the Rating and Probability over on the right.
- You can also update the status using the status progression ribbon in the centre area.