By having your own space to track your sales (prospects), you can also record notes, send emails and upload documents without cluttering up the company record.
To start tracking your time:
- Click "Create Activity" against the task
- Select the type of activity from the tabs at the top of the page- you might be adding a note, setting up a meeting, sending an email or recording a phone call.
- When putting in a note, you can choose to attention a staff member - meaning they will get a copy.
- Attachments - use the Attachments button to upload a file, or link a file that is already in AffinityLive to this activity. The attachment will be included in the activity notification email.
- Work - on the right hand side you can confirm which task this activity is for (if any), and how much time you would like to log.
- Billable checkbox - this is disabled for activities against sales! Instead, use the Class field to indicate the class (or nature) of the work and time you are entering. You might have an activity class called "Business Development".
- Estimated time remaining will automatically update - so for the 2hr task in this example, 20mins would be consumed from it, leaving 1hr 40m remaining.
To save the activity and send an email notification (including any attachments) to the attentioned staff, hit Save.
Save and Action will also mark this activity as 'actioned' which means it will not appear on your ToDo List.
The Sale Activity chart at the bottom of the sales screen shows you the correlation between the time logged and activities added. You'll be able to see how many hours have been logged (divided up by quarter intervals on the right) and how many activities you've have created (on the left). This information is useful for seeing the productivity of the sale and whether or not the effort is worth the payout. You will see this graph all around AffinityLive within Issues, Projects and here in Sales.