Adding a task
- Find the record you wish to associate the task with. For example, you may be managing a support issue but need the help of a technical colleague to solve the problem, so you should create the task against that issue. Note that Tasks are typically listed in the lower right section of the screen and have a purple header:
- Click "Add Task" to quickly enter a new task. At the very least, you need to give the task a title.
To choose a different assignee, a start & due date, and to specify the estimated time to complete the task, click "more details".
Click "Notify" to ensure that the assignee is emailed about this task. You will also be BCC'd in on this email to help notifiy you of tasks you create.
- Once saved, your task will then appear in the list. It will also be visible on the assignee's To-do list within 24 hours of the start date. By default, we hide any tasks that start more than 24 hours away to help you
focus on what's important!
- You can add as many tasks as you need, but each task only has 1 assignee.
- To edit a task, hover your mouse over it and then click the edit icon. Some tasks are bound to the parent object (eg a component), in which case you need to edit the parent object to update the task.
Add task from To-Do list: If you hover an activity in your To-do list, you may also be able to quickly turn that activity into a task: